The purpose of the NanoSilver network is further development of nanoparticular silver in production, processing, application, production and disposal. The technical potential of nano silver is outstandingly high and promises considerable progress in many applications. Information on already-developed insights and communication in public are important aspects of the network's tasks.
Newest results from science and research are part of the network activities. RaD projects to utilise the opportunities and minimize risks are initiated and pursued from the network.
Therefore, the network considers economic, ecological and medical aspects alike and represents them through seven SME partners, a foundation, an association, a private research facility and a university.
The NanoSilber network is promoted in the scope of the central innovation programme for medium-sized enterprises (Zentrales Innovationsprogramm Mittelstand; ZIM) of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Goals of the NanoSilver network:
- Targeted further development of nano silver
- Responsible implementation of the technical potential of nano silver
- Open discussion of chances and risks
- Public Relation Work: understandable information transfer
Core competences of the NanoSilver network:
- Synthesis and production of nano silver
- Antimicrobial treatment of textiles
- Use of medical technology and packaging
- Print and coating techniques
- Analysis and particle measuring techniques
- Support of statutory rules, standardization and norms
- Profile of Netzwerk NanoSilber (PDF, english)